Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

Accept Your Uniqueness

I had a very eye opening moment with one of my doctors last Fall.

As a matter of fact, it's help me accept my scars or things we may not like about ourselves.  What he said had a huge impact on the way I think about things I fretted about myself.

I was trying to express to my doctor I didn't like something on my eyelid; and how much it bothered me.

He chuckled to himself and then looked right at me and said, "Do you see the indention on my nose?"

I said, "no."

He said, "Look again."

My eyes then ventured to the tip of his nose.  And sure enough there's a little indention at the end of his nose.  As I looked at it longer, it looked as though a small chunk had been cut out.

It was currently staring right me, yet I hadn't seen it the last 4 times I had visited him in his office, lol.

And he shares. "It's funny what people actually see.  And what we think people are looking at or not."

It was a huge help for my little scars/imperfections that prolly no one else even notices.  As a matter of fact, after his wisdom, I didn't even have my eyelid "worked" on.

As a matter of fact, it reminded me that my scars and imperfections are actually a reflection of who I am, and what makes me very unique  :)

No comments: