Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Desire to Write Changes with Time

When I was in high school and college, I actually wrote a little poetry.  I noticed back then that when I was unhappy or depressed, I wrote my best pieces.  And I felt like writing. 

I'd have to go searching in the cobwebs of old papers to see if I could even find any of those poems or my writings.  They weren't very extravagant or anything, but it'd be cool to maybe find a couple and see what I said back then or what was on my mind. 

What I've noticed as I've gotten older, especially now that I blog a lot, is I can't write when I'm depressed.  If I'm in a great or happy mood, I feel like writing and writing, and going and going.  But when I'm depressed or unhappy, the last thing I feel like doing is writing.  Those are the days I might just post a photo or a image/quote and not add too many words in my blogs because one of the last things I want to do is write during sad times. 

Weird how when I was younger depression gave me inspiration.  But now, depression kind of paralyzes is me. 


No comments: