Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Water and TV in Paris

When I went to Paris, France last year, I noticed something.

I didn't watch TV one single time, nor did I drink any diet sodas.

At home, I fall asleep with the tv on and leave it on all night.  I actually thought I couldn't go to sleep without the tv on, but Paris proved that theory wrong.  Further, I have the tv on at all times during the day when I am home - whether for background noise or because I'm watching tv.

Although I do admit ALL that walking in Paris and also being on some meds (b/c I cut off the tops of two fingers with a crazy lawnmower) might have allowed me to fall asleep pretty easy in Paris.  But, it's still shocking to me I didn't watch tv for 10 entire days.

I now sometimes will even turn the TV off in the middle of the night (blasphemy!) when I wake up to go pee.  There's a few times it's TOO quiet though and my brain starts to think so I have to turn the tv back on, but most of the time I do fall back asleep.  I still don't initially fall asleep with the tv off - my brain gets too distracted with thoughts and therefore listening to what is on tv stops all that and I go to sleep pretty fast otherwise.

I have a diet pepsi (or diet coke) at least once a day, sometimes more.  I hardly ever drink water unless I'm walking, doing yard work, or laying out to get some sun.  To realize I drank water for 10 days straight is pretty amazing to me.  It shows I can actually drink water only, even though I don't really care too, haha.

I don't recall feeling better or different from drinking water for 10 days.  But, I didn't drink water all the time - only really when I ate.  So, it wasn't like I drank the "recommended amount" every day for the human body, more so just didn't drink anything but water when I was thirsty or ate.



No comments: