Pages

Monday, August 27, 2018

The Changing of the Seasons (literally)

Woo-wee, something is going on with me.

I LOVE the summer.  Getting a tan, walking as the hot sun radiates on my face, doing more outdoor activities because the weather feels beautiful, sun is up later in the day, etc.  I definitely feel better in the summer than winter because I get outside more and get more things done after work because it's still sunny outside in the evening hours.

I haven't been walking as much this summer for several reasons, including because my rescue pitbull, Lily, can't handle the heat and because also been pretty depressed almost the entire summer, so haven't really ventured out to parks like I normally do as I don't have the drive or energy.  Further, for the first time I felt it really was too damn hot to even try to walk this summer.

However, for the very first time in my life, I am looking forward to the Fall.

Yea, I don't understand it either, lol.

I made custom wreaths for every seasons/holiday and I dislike the Fall so much that I didn't even make a wreath with orange and brown colors, lol.  To me, Fall is the sign Thanksgiving is coming (the hardest holiday for me) and that winter is coming (I hate the cold).  Further, it gets darker sooner and I just don't like it.

A friend of mine shared he has to do something in the early evening during the winters because otherwise he gets depressed.  Boy, do I understand that!  (even though I have yet to put that into practice)

However this year, I am actually looking forward to the Fall.

It's actually been TOO hot.  I can usually lay out in my backyard every weekend and get a nice tan in only an hour, but these last two months have been so hot and humid, I can barely last 15 minutes.  Seriously!  So, my tan isn't what it normally is.  Further, my arms look thinner and best tanned, and so I've been a tad embarrassed even though I keep wearing sleeveless shirts anyway lol.  So, I'm actually ready for Fall weather so I can where more light sweaters to hide my flabby, not-tanned arms lol.

I am also thinking of driving through Oklahoma one weekend in the next couple of months to look at the all Fall colors.

I also really love hot baths and when it gets colder, the return of the hot baths come into my life almost nightly.  I'm ready!

And sitting by my fireplace in the evenings - so relaxing!

Also when it gets cold, Lily will snuggle up to me while we sleep so she gets warm.  I sure did miss her sleeping right next to me this summer.

And of course my electric bill goes down too in the winter, so it's always nice to save money.

I can't believe I am ready for Fall weather, but I like that I'm not dreading it and instead excited about it for the first time.  :)



No comments: