Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Dammit I Still Miss You

Hearing your voice again
Brought me back to day one.
The first day you captured my heart,
And you still have it won.

That deep voice of yours,
Is so unique.
I'm so blessed to recognize it
Every time I hear you speak.

It's not just the sound of your voice
But the words you speak.
Makes my heart skip,
And my legs weak.

I miss you.

Some days you are hiding in my brain.
Other days you are everywhere.
I can only hope that I cross your mind too
And that you still care.

I think you do,
Even as we live separate lives.
Wishing we could instead
Take a step and climb....

Climb into each others arms
Maybe share a deep kiss
Even if for a short time
Enjoying the silence and bliss.

Well, not that we are quiet,
As we talk and catch up
To always update each other,
Of time we are trying to makeup.

I think we are both proud and happy
Of what we hear.
Yet, a tad jealous
We aren't more near.

Near in life
Near in sharing,
Near in arms,
Near in staring.

Staring into the same world
Together with the same eyes
But different hearts and minds,
Enjoying life's surprise.

I can't begin to express
How much you impress me.
I want to rub my mind on yours
Just to get a glimpse of how you see.

See the world,
See your visions,
See beyond skin,
See your decisions.

Bottom line remains...
I miss so much about you,
Yet it still feels for some reason
All so brand-new.

I think that's a beautiful thing,
To still be excited
Knowing when we talk
We each get so delighted.

The only thing time has done
Is kept us apart.
I can't figure out
If that is good or bad for our heart.

I'm grateful our paths crossed.
Two peas in a pod
Seeing something in each other
And still to this day awed.

No comments: