Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thrifty... Yet Not

I found it intriguing when I debated on buying two six-packs of Diet Pepsi last night or not.

I really struggled with the decision - at this store that was convenient on my way home, the 6-pack was about $4.35.  At Walmart or Target, they sell for as low as $2.50 or $3.00.  The idea to spend almost twice a much caused my head to spin!  Do I really want to pay that much for that difference?

I had several things going against me:  I only had one can left of Diet Pepsi at home, and I wasn't going to be near neither a Walmart or a Target anytime in the next few days or even a week prolly.

So, do I fork over the almost $2.50 each for these two non-necessities or do I just buy one and hope I get to a Walmart or Target soon, or do I be defiant in not spending almost half of what I normally do and not get them at all??

It's amazing to me I struggled with the pain to spend an extra $3.70 for two six-packs of my favorite soda, when I had just left Ross Dress for Less and spent $40 without batting an eye, lol.

But I am frugal with some things.  I never use an ATM except at my bank - don't want to be charged those unnecessary fees!  I will use paper towels over and over until they look like a dirty shirt.  I go to Dollar Tree and make out like a bandit - full cart and only spend $20!  Yet, I will also eat at a high-end steak place (Ruth's Chris is my fave) or buy 10 packages of my favorite socks (just in case they stop making them).

So, what did I do?  I struggled standing at the checkout line trying to decide... and then I finally just gave in.... and bought both six-packs  :(  They got me...and my money.


No comments: