Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Name Calling

For some reason (that I am thankful for), I don't name call anyone.

I have been in several relationships where the guy was acting like an asshole (or was an asshole), but I never called him that.

I may have thought it, but I never told anyone to their face or via text or anything.  I have been prodded and provoked and still don't stoop to that level.  And when people do it to me, I lose all respect for them.

I am not sure why I don't name call, but again, I'm very thankful for it!

I think name calling is rude and a below-the-belt immature thing to do.  It's an insult and abusive.

I want even say the words asshole or bitch about anyone I am talking about, even if I feel that way.  I just don't name call in any shape or form.

My gut is telling me I don't name call because I did it a few times in my past (prolly arguing with a b/f while drinking in my 20s) and saw sheer anger rise from their bodies when I called them a rude name.  But I really don't remember exactly why I don't name call anyone.

I wish others were like this.  When I see or hear name calling, obviously it bothers me because it's a trait I stand by. 


No comments: