Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Retiring Helps With Purpose

Again with this "purpose" talk.

Tough to comprehend in my heart that something I loved and felt like "purpose," I will no longer be doing after next month.  However, we know when we know it's time to move on.

Plus, I heard the other day about someone retiring.  And sure enough, I related it to ending my volunteer job, running the Omega Billiards Tour.

The person happened to be an entertainer (the famous Tina Turner!), and she retired from Tours and singing.  She was fine with her decision and it was time to not do that any more, even though she was famous for it and VERY good at it.  At some point in our lives, we do need to retire.  It makes the most sense to retire from work, but it can also be from something we are good at and used to enjoy doing.  "Retiring" doesn't have to be only at the end of our career.  It can also be for something like this - something in the middle of our lives.

Time to move on.  No longer happy doing it.

I bet Tina Turner isn't sitting in her large house in Australia wondering about her purpose in life anymore.  Her purpose was amazing and impactful!  And just because she no longer sings or tours doesn't mean she didn't have purpose.  She just retired from it.

Retiring.  That's what I'm doing.  How can one be upset or disturbed by that decision? 

Not me anymore!  Yep, I no longer am with this great realization!


No comments: