Pages

Friday, November 3, 2017

What Was My Mom Thinking (photo)

I like to use photos as bookmarks.  I ordered a new book a couple of months ago for my trip to Paris and needed a photo to keep my place.  I went to my stack of photos in a box in upstairs, grabbed about 20 pics and chose this one to be my newest bookmark!

It's my Mom sitting on the gravel along the Frio River about 10-12 years ago.  This was last trip we would take together to the Frio River in Concan, Texas.  One of my Mom's favorite places in the world (besides wrapped in my arms in a hug, right?)

As I look at this photo I took of her, I wonder, what is she thinking about?

My guesses are:

  • I sure do miss the River.  Wish I could come here more often.
  • Why do my arms juggle so much now?  I wish they were firmer.
  • The sun feels fantastic on my skin - I need a darker tan.  Sure do miss sitting out in the sun.
  • Can't wait to go tubing like those people down there.
  • Sure wish the river was higher - I just love when it flows easily through the crevices and curves.  
  • I just love being here.



No comments: