Pages

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Frio River Trip May 2015!

OMG, I went to my childhood weekend home in May 2015 and had SUCH a beautiful, amazing time by myself enjoying the scenrey, checking out all the places my Mom and I used to go.

I:
  • fished
  • saw SO many beautiful deer!
  • cooked on the grill
  • slept in a cabin
  • went tubing!
  • checked out all the places my Mom and I used to go
  • took a ton of photos!
  • walked along the land she used to own and reminisced
  • drove down so many roads her and I used to travel on to check out the wildlife
  • went swimming
  • sat in the Frio River :)
One of the reasons why the trip to the Hill Country was so special to me that weekend was because it was FOR me. I went by myself and although I wasn't sure how that would go, I had my thoughts and memories and was able to visit every single nook and special place my Mom and I had been to for all those years growing up with her in Concan, Texas.

It was so peaceful, quite, very therapeutic, cathartic, and an amazing trip for me in such a beautiful, memorable place! I saw A LOT of deer (which my Mom LOVED), went tubing like her and I used to, fished, had a camp fire, got a lot of sun, visited awesome places that were very memorable for her and I, walked a lot; it was all GREAT. And every moment and second was filled with the love I have for her in the place she loved BEST in this world.

And here is a pic of her and I about 10 years ago. The girl who dropped me off for the floating trip on the Sunday afternoon took this pic for me, and I wanted it to be close to the original, and it was a mere few feet from where I stood with my Mom 10 years ago!



No comments: