Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Happiness is an Inside Job

As cliché as it sounds, Happiness really is an inside job.

A few times over the last 12 months I have heard that some people think they are affecting my happiness.  Or, they think I'm looking for happiness in them.  But it confuses me because only I can provide happiness to myself, no one else.

The key, of course, is inner peace. 

Finding inner peace leads to happiness. 

Sure, some things can make us feel happier, but usually external things lead to only temporary happiness.  It's internal peace that leads to the true source of happiness.

Obviously, this isn't easy to find inner peace or even live by it on a daily basis.  But what I do know is, happiness is an inside job.


So, if you are looking for happiness in others, try looking instead in the mirror.  Dig deep within yourself, instead.  Peace provides happiness.

No comments: