Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Loving Your Job (or not)

One morning about ten years ago, I was driving to work and talking to a friend on my cell phone.

I told her, "Man, I can't wait to get to work.  I have a lot of great things I'm working on and really love my job."

She replied, "Hmmm.... you know what?  I need to get a new job.  Here you are can't wait to get to work, and I am over here trying to come up another excuse I can use to call in sick."

It was a defining moment for both of us.

I realized just how much I am blessed to love my job (how many people can say that, really?) and it made her realize she needed to do something about her job situation.

And she did.

Within 3 months she found herself a work-from-home job that she adored so much more!  She had freedom and still got paid well for what she enjoyed doing.

I know I am one of the few lucky ones in life to love their job.  That's why I don't take for granted to recognize how blessed I truly am to have a job (I still to this day) love to come in to work to.


No comments: