Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

Bicentennial Park, Jan 2017

After checking the forecast last weekend I noticed that Wednesday would be the best day for me to take a great walk with my lovely dog, Lily.

I left work a little early and even though I was going to take her to the Trinity River Trails, my car veered towards Bicentennial Park instead. And I was glad I did.

Because it was so windy out I thought it would be a good chance to check out the Frisbee Golf Course that's at Bicentennial Park. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet because there's usually too many people out there playing frisbee golf. So today I thought was our day to see just how far back the course went.

However there were many other people out there with their dogs as well and so instead of going along the course, I decided to check out the dirt road again.

And boy is it a dirt road!  Last time I was here in December I even saw a guy on a dirt bike in this particular area, like a motocross bike.  

This time there was no one around though and Lily and I were able to walk further and further and further. There was some muddy areas, but it was all along a beautiful flowing creek.  And it was also a great, sunny day.  Even for January the temperature was hovering around 80 degrees.

Here's my traditional collage of this great, beautiful, just what I needed, walk in nature.


No comments: