Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Being Used as an Example

If you keep up with my blog then you know this already but if not, I lost my Dad (step Dad) in 2007, my beloved Mom in 2011, and my Dad (biological) in 2015.

I have no siblings, no kids, no roommate even.  So, I'm more alone than most people.

So when I hear people sad and upset about losing their parent(s), boy can I relate and completely understand.

The holidays are the toughest.  Everyone else has family around.  I have no one.

But what bothers me, and this may not be fair but it does, is when people get sad and try to compare their lives with mine.  Many people still have their kids alive.  Or someone will compare their lonely life to mine, and yet their parents are still alive.

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT.

No one, unless you are in my shoes, know all that I've been through, and been through alone.  Friends can only do so much (and even then you can't depend on them a lot).  I have learned I can only depend on two people:  myself and God.

So a friend of mine was telling me story about her ex husband and I said (probably rudely), "that's nothing, try being alone like I am without any relatives."

And she quipped, "yep, I used you as an example."

Wait, what?

And believe it or not, I was happy!  OMGosh I was SO happy!  Sure, I'm a SAD example (lol), but one that can be shared with others that you have at least SOME relatives in your life. "Look at this chick all alone and shit and miserable.  Realize how blessed you are to still have your kids." (or a sibling or parents alive.)

If my sad life can help others, wow, that would be great!  I've already thought that the things I have been through are really to help others, so to be used as an extreme example is super cool to me.  Might seem twisted, but it's not.  Not at all.

No comments: