Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Love Bubble

I describe relationships as Love Bubbles.  If you are in a relationship, you can't see in the Love Bubble (LB) and you can't see out of the LB.

It truly is like the relationship is surrounded by an invisible cloak.  The people inside the Love Bubble can't see in and can't see out.  Everyone on the outside and see clearly into the LB (i.e. the relationship).

When my friends are having relationship problems, I can see right through, and clearly through, the Love Bubble of their relationship.  I can see what is going on, why she is hurt or why he isn't happy.  They cannot see what is going on because a LB is kinda cloudy.  Their heart gets in the way of what is really happening.  And they can't see through the LB. 


Of course, a LB means I can't see my own relationship with a clear lens.  I'm sure my friends can see what is going on and what we should work on, but I can't see those things.  Love is already blind :).

It's always amazed me how clear I can see other's issues but I can't see my own.

Others are just as confused.  I will offer advice or my opinion and it seems so obvious to them.  Why didn't they see that?  Well, because you are in a Love bubble! You can't see the relationship clearly.

The other thing a Love Bubble can do is be deceiving.  It may seem like grass is greener on the other side, but then when the relationship ends, sometimes it's not.  Then again, sometimes it's ever greener.

That's why I think it's important to talk things over with either your best bud or maybe even a counselor.  Others can see what is going on if you are having problems or concerns.  They can be very helpful because they can see through the Love Bubble but we are cloudy with judgment because we are in the middle of the LB.

No comments: