Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Confidence

Not sure why this is, but my boyfriend gives me the confidence to be myself.  I hadn't dressed up for Halloween in years, never really did anything "fun" style-wise for Christmas, but for some reason, he gives me the confidence to do things like that now.

I also haven't worn dresses in years.  Yet, I now look for dresses all the time now when I go shopping, so I can wear them when we go out.

For Halloween this past October, I found myself thinking about a fun costume.  And then for Christmas I wanted to do something fun/cool/different. 

He just makes me feel comfortable.  Makes me feel secure.  Happy.  I can be fun and funny around him.  Although I was already a very confident woman, I didn't really dress the part, lol.  But for some reason he brings out the fun-confidence, poke-fun-at-myself-confidence, and also it's-okay-to-wear-dresses-again-confidence.

For the last ten years I would never have done any of this.  They say couples complement each other, and I believe that wholeheartedly about my boyfriend.  :)

No comments: