Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Sharing About Sobriety

There are several "initiatives" at my workplace, and one is about Recovery.

They said we can submit our stories for a presentation at the end of the month. "Be a part of the ABC's of Alcohol event while maintaining your anonymity!" 

Ooooh, I want to do that - I want to submit some things about my sobriety!

But I don't even know where to begin.

So, this morning while still lying in bed, I looked up some of my previous blog entries about not drinking anymore.  They are here:

While it was cool to reminisce, I still don't know what to submit. Not because I don't like to talk, not because I don't like to share, and not because I'm ashamed, it's because I have SO MUCH to say. :)

They are going to share some of the stories we submit intermittently throughout the presentation - hell, I could BE that entire presentation. hahaha.  Vain much, Melinda?  

Seriously, it's really not about being vain but instead I have so much I can talk about: how as a child and teenager I was around alcohol all the time, how wanting to drink was a daily thought throughout most of my life, how I tried to quit drinking many times, how I used alcohol as an excuse for not wanting to feel painful emotions, how I became sober and how sobriety has helped me lead a better/happier life.

But I seriously don't even know where to start.

What I do know is, I should have many, many more blog posts than just the few above about my sobriety.  Heck it's been over 7 years since I finally had my last drink from being a deep drinker - I need to blog more about it!  Oh, but wait, where would I begin?

Here are some photos of me drinking in my 40s:  Can you tell I liked pomegranate martinis?



No comments: