Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

PIN

I've been struggling with my "purpose."

Thinking, I guess, if I had purpose it would help my depression.

No matter all I have going on, still not very happy and kinda depressed.  Getting a little better, but still a lot going on.

The other day I watched the 2rd of 4 episodes of Iyanla's House of Healing 4-part series.  I was able to watch the first, 3rd and 4th and throughout each I was bawling my eyes out.  It plays on Saturday nights, pretty pathetic to be home bawling on my coach on Saturday nights lol.

But, I admit it was just too emotional and heart-wrenching and close-to-home not to react like that.

The 4th and final episode Iyanla told the ladies of the House of Healing (8 ladies who needed help with some enlightenment and dire counseling and self-reflection), about "PIN."

Here is what she said:

Just like a personal identification number gives you access to your bank account, Iyanla says that the women in her House of Healing need a "PIN" to help them access the healthiest version of their lives once they return home. This particular "PIN" is an acronym meant to help each woman remember what they've learned in their work with Iyanla and to help keep them on the right track outside the House of Healing.

P: Purpose
"I don't mean your life purpose," Iyanla says. "I mean moment by moment by moment, what is the purpose of what you're doing? What is the purpose of what you're saying? Any time you open your mouth, you better be clear about your purpose."

I: Integrity
"[Check] that what you're thinking, what you're feeling, what you're saying and what you're doing are all in alignment," Iyanla says.

N: Nobility
"Good character, how you hold yourself within yourself, will determine the experience and circumstances of your life," Iyanla says.

While every single digit of the PIN is important and the P, I and N all hit home with me, the "Purpose" one was like a huge realization and something I really needed to hear right now.

Instead of trying to figure out why I should be living (purpose), I truly love the idea to remember my purpose for each day.  THAT I can do!  I can do that easily and actually makes me excited!

Re-enforces the saying, "One day at a time," huh?

No comments: