Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Stressful Destresser

My beautiful friend Sharon Townsend suggested I walk to de-stress. So, while my Mom was in the hospital, I decided one night to grab my new rollerBlades and skate in my neighborhood to destress.

I had some rollerblades that I LOVED but they broke after about 8 years and I didn't know where I had bought them. The next ones I bought were too big. So then I decided to try rollersKates - those were always fun! But, the ones I bought did NOT work well on the asphalt and I almost fell several times.

So while I looked for a better pair of skates with smooth wheels, I ended up buying a new set of rollberBlades in my correct size because skates are hard to come by unless you buy them from the Internet. :(

The sad pair of skates that SUCK!

Well, I put the new, correct-size rollerBlades on and they sure felt more comfortable than the other pair that were the wrong size. lol. As I rollerBladed along, while listening to my ipod, I had been gone about 15 minutes when I realized the right wheel was crooked; extremely crooked, actually. I tried to straighten it out as I skated along and WAM! I fell. I landed on the top of my left hand and scraped up my knuckles. Ugh. I got up, and wiped the embarrassment off my ass and as I skated along some more I wondered if it was a pebble that caused me to fall... and then I noticed again the severe crooked wheels and as I straightened my right foot, WAM! I fell again. Shit! This time I fell on my left knee and again on my palms and forearms.

I decided to take them off and walk all the way home with them under my arms. As I walked home, I realized it could have been a lot worse - broken bones, landed on my face, cracked my head open, etc. I was pretty fortunate for the scrapes only, even though they stung like hell.

So, what should have been a wonderful de-stressful time turned out to be very stressful. I got home, called Mom, and she immediately could tell something was wrong. I found the band aids and neosporin and limped upstairs. :(

De-stresser marks, right after the fall(s).

I have been rollerblading for over ten years and had never fallen until that day. Dag nabit!! Well, I have resorted to walking with the dog...