Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Returns

I rushed to Burlington Coat Factory to return two shirts I bought 30 days before, because the receipt clearly states you must have receipt and bring back within 30 days. Well, after waiting in a long line, and the computer went down, I finally whisked to the counter only to find out it had been 31 days. Not only that, you CAN return it without a receipt after 30 days, you just get store credit. ARGH! So much for rushing that day. Ugh.

Then I returned a few small things at Target two days later. As I stood in the short line I read on a nice sign that if you don't have a receipt, just show them the credit card you used and if it has been within 90 days, the system will find the charge on your credit card and voila! You magically get credited without hassle and without a receipt. WOW! GREAT customer service.

Then I go to Walmart two further days later. The line is short, but I am there so long, the line gets SUPER long behind me. I have ten things to return. Three items on one receipt, and four more items on three additional separate receipts. The lady is NOT happy with me at all and had the bedside manner of a grape that talks shit. I was not happy. Then come the four items that I cannot find a receipt for (trust me, I searched everywhere for them!). I tell the grape, "I was told I can bring these back without a receipt, as long as the amount does not go over $50". And she replies in her grape tone, "Someone told you that?" "Yes," I replied... "I have done this before (can't you tell by the number of receipts I have?)." A $48.84 Walmart gift card later, and I walk into the meat of the store and proceed to spend that amount and 4 times more. :) (I bought new frames and groceries for Mom!) BUT - I didn't buy any clothes so there will be no returns with THAT receipt (that I have stored in a place I can find - just in case).

1 comment:

R Riley said...

bedside manner of a grape that talks shit huh? That's hillarious, and I can honestly say I have NEVER heard that before.