Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Cancer Sucks

Heartbreaking when you get two calls in a week about cancer.

One of my friends' wife was diagnosed with lung cancer.   They just found out and he shared the news with me this week.  I teared up as he told me Thursday, "she's my best friend and the love of my life."  He's trying to stay positive and he says his wife is being a trooper, but she's very fragile.  I feel so badly they are going through this.

And then... I got off the phone bawling Friday afternoon.  My friend just found out that day he has throat cancer.  He said, "I just wanted to call you and tell you I love you."  He's never told me that before, til today. 

He also said he's not scared or depressed, and that he's lived a great life.  "If it takes me, it takes me."   I told him we could all learn something from him.  I was astonished with his words.  He's still going to fight it, but he's being very calm at the moment.

Heartbreaking... 



No comments: