Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Sun and the Moon - Personal Remembrances

My Mom LOVED the sun.  I would consider her a sun-worshiper (a big tanner) when I was growing up.

She would be tanned and tan all the time at the Frio River where her and I went for over 15 years at LEAST once a month when I was growing up.

So, when I see the sun or a sunset,  I think of my Mom.  My dear, amazing loving Mom.

When I was in my lower teens, my Dad and I used to look at the stars at night near the Frio River.  He would point out satellites slowly moving across the darkness, or the designs of the stars.

Therefore, when I drive home at night, or step outside to look at the moon, I talk to my Dad.  "Thank you for watching over me, Dad," I'll say out loud to him.

I love how the sun reminds me of my Mom and the moon reminds me of my Dad.  I feel SO protected at night when I see the moon.  I smile to myself knowing he's watching over me and protecting me.



And when I walk in the hotness of the day or lay out getting a tan, there's my Mom, right along with me.



I love and miss them both so much.


No comments: