Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Breath Quote

 

You would think this is a beautiful quote.  Well, it probably is to a lot of people.  But to me, I despise it.

When you see a loved one suffer and then pass away from advanced emphysema (which basically means they are constantly out of breath and can't breathe), then these type of quotes actually upset me.

Wearing an oxygen line on your face 24 hours a day, having to sleep upright (because you can't sleep flat), having to only be in cold temps (because hot weather makes breathing very difficult), can't walk the length of a room in a house without having to stop and try to catch your breath while finding something to lean on while gasping, constantly having to take "breathing treatments," never being able to take deep breaths or even laugh long.....  Yea, it's not a very "beautiful" quote to me.

I'd rather my Mom had been able to breathe than any moment that took my breath away.

Call me selfish.




2 comments:

Let's Walk This World Together said...

I know what you mean. I watched my Mom go through the same thing while she battled with lung cancer. Ignore quotes like that.

Melinda said...

I am so sorry you and your Mom experienced something similar. :(