Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Thank you Madonna

My Dad didn't like Madonna too much, but I sang my little heart out in my car or in my room when I was in my teens and 20s to her uppity, very popular songs. I enjoy Madonna's music; I'm not afraid to admit it, either!

Someone who I cared about hurt me. So, when I practiced this past week and weekend with my ipod, and when I did yard work with my ipod, I decided to listen to Madonna's Immaculate Collection, instead of my usual pool playlists. My playlists are too tough to listen to right now. Too "raw" (which is usually a word people use to explain that not enough time has passed).

Thank you, Madonna. Your songs were upbeat, amazing, and allowed me to not think - just sing and enjoy the sounds and passion in your voice. It was much needed and it was much appreciated.

No comments: