Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Court

I went to court and stood before the judge this morning. I grabbed a tissue while I walked up to his "throne." I cried and could barely speak as I had to read my testimony out loud to him. Tears were falling on the paper and my blue sweater as I tried so hard to read through my blurred vision from the tears dripping off my face. There were many people around (I didn't know any of them), but I still stood there and cried in front of them.

The judge granted the divorce.

I went alone; Tony signed a waiver that he agreed to the divorce so he didn't have to be there, but he still tried to change shifts so he could at least drop me off or go in with me, but he couldn't find anyone to trade shifts with him.

I am sad. It doesn't matter if it's the right thing to, it's still depressing as hell. I feel like a failure and I feel like a piece of my life has been altered forever. It's such a tragic ending to a relationship. Breaking up is hard enough - to have to make a break up "official" is much more damming to the soul. No wonder I have been so weepy lately.

No, I don't change my mind and yes, I know it's what I need to do to be happy, but it has been hard...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Melinda! You know I am here for you ALWAYS and you are NOT a failure - some things just aren't meant to be. Failures never try and you DID try, so you are not a failure! =) I know, I know, I am a big dork!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the big dork!! LOL. A failure is someone that doesn't put any effort towards something and just walks away. You are far from that! Some things aren't meant to be, and you always learn from those things no matter how much they hurt. If you need anything, I'm right here for ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Me(Linda) - I just read your blog and I think you are one of the bravest souls on this earth. You know what you want, even if it means that it will hurt. You know in the long run, it will be for the best. It is all about you babe. I felt like a failure too when I went through my divorce as well, but in a marriage, it really does take two to tango. And if someone is stepping on your toes while dancing, you either get steel-toed shoes and grin and bear it or you find a new dance partner. Live Today baby......live today. Love you always, Zsa Zsa