Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Dogears Have It

Now that my bowel movements have been regulated after my colonoscopy, the only time I get to dip into reading my hoard of stacked magazines is when I'm sitting in the sun or in the bathtub.  Both dependent on the season.

When I read something that intrigues me or aligns with my thoughts/ emotions/ feelings of that day, I will mark the page by folding down the top corner.  Usually it's only a singular (but in-depth) sentence out of a several-pages-long-article that can capture my feeling for that day.

Sometimes I will go back to that marked page a month or so later.  What touched my heart and mind is no longer there.  The person who I wanted to share that with is also gone, so I sadly unflip the corner and smooth out the crease.

If it's a sports related quote that I saved, I will always keep it so I can refer to it in my sports blog.  If it's something for me, to help me, or I learn from it, I mark it to hopefully blog about it later in this exact blog.

I can write a whole blog and reflect on one single sentence of an entire article.  I just love how that is even possible - to expand and want to talk more about just a few words.

Sometimes I stumble upon pages already dogearred.  These are folded by my Mom's very own fingers!  For when she read through the magazine over 6 years ago.  Almost 99% of the pages she marked are anti-wrinkle cream ads lol.  I sure do miss her.




No comments: