Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2016

What Gum in the Trash Taught Me

When I was in my mid 20s I was at work one day and I had a piece of gum in my mouth.  It got old and needed to be rid of. 

I looked around try to find something to put it in - piece of paper or tissue.  I finally found a little piece paper, lifted it up towards my mouth, put the gun into the paper, and quietly threw it into the trash can.

I didn't know it, but a coworker was watching me.

After I disposed of the gum in the trash can folded up in the paper, she says to me very seriously, "I sure wish my kids knew to do that."  

I thought for a moment and then explained, "well, I know to do this because I live on my own now."

I had learned the hard way having to throw away my own trash now from my cute little apartment (at the time) that it's much easier to throw away your trash without gum being stuck to the bottom of a trash can.   And, it made sense why my Mom always stressed for me to do that, lol.

So I told her that it's really real-life experience why I do this.  Her kids will get "it" about the gum (and other things) when they move out of their own as well.  



No comments: