Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Other Side of the Coin

I wrote back in early September about how low I was feeling.  My self esteem was shot and I had been told all these things were wrong with me.

A dear friend read that post and immediately wrote to me.

I want to share what he wrote because I know a few of my friends should really hear these words and absorb them.  It was very helpful to me and I know it will be enlightening to you, also.

I just HAD to share.

"The reason I'm writing you is because I just read your blog entry "I am Who I Am" and it broke my heart. There is nothing wrong with any of the stuff that you listed.  What is wrong, is that someone else, who presumably was supposed to have your best interests at heart, didn't consider ensuring your happiness and providing you with reassurance a high enough priority to comply with that.  In other words, the other person wasn't worth your time.

In a loving, functional relationship, the other person's feelings should be the top priority of both individuals involved.  And, if that person doesn't consider those things important, then you simply need to surround yourself with people who do, and not waste your time with people who don't.

Stop thinking that your way of being drives people away because the last time I checked, it also draws people to you as well!!   Rather, find someone who feels as you do, because there is nothing wrong with you!!!  Lord knows that you "checking in" every once in a while would definitely be worth all of the other incredible benefits associated with being around you and being loved by you."
I am so flattered by this email.  I read it 100 times; it helped me each and every of those 100 times.

I am doing much better now!  :)  And I am so happy knowing I am in a better place in my life.  :)
I also appreciate all my friends who love my unconditionally!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 


No comments: