Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Behind Every Recipe is a Story: Bailey's Famous Salad

The Bailey side of my family would make gobs of food when we all got together.

Grandma Bailey would always let me eat as many of her DELICIOUS sugar cookies as I wanted, as long as I had enough room for dinner, too.

I loved my Grandma with all my heart - she accepted me into her family like I was a blood granddaughter.

I was a kid - so I could eat A LOT of those cookies!

The one side dish my Aunt Faye made every time the Bailey's got together I HAD to get the recipe for when I got near my late teens, so I could make it at home.

I loved the famous Bailey salad and still to this day make it for all the big holiday meals (and sometimes just by itself for dinner).

I got better preparing it than my Dad!   Sorry, Dad! :)

Here is the recipe:

Enjoy!

1) Use one of the larger bowls you have, to help mix and also hold the large salad.  You can easily feed 4 people.

2) Three different lettuces together - the lettuce is never cut, but torn apart by hand:
  • Romaine, 
  • Iceberg, 
  • Leaf,
3) 1 teaspoon garlic powder
4) 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
5) Cooked REAL bacon (usually a whole package)
6) 1 tablespoon canola oil
7) 1 1/2 tablespoon red-wine vinegar


No comments: