Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Apologies

Why do people think saying "I'm Sorry" is a magic pill to stop pain and hurt?

Although saying "I'm Sorry" means more than never saying it, it still takes time to get over being hurt.

And what about when people say "I didn't mean to hurt you" or "It wasn't intentional."

While I might appreciate the reminder that no one intended to hurt me, the bottom line is I still am hurt and that doesn't go away so easily.

I don't think I've ever in my life told someone, "I didn't meant to hurt you."

The point is, I hurt them (no matter intentionally or not) and I would apologize and then feel very badly along with them, in hopes for fogiveness.

It seems to me people use that as an excuse.  "I didn't mean to hurt you, so move on."  It doesn't work that way.  It's still pain, no matter if you meant it or not. 

Others think the words "I'm sorry" means it's an indication you should be feeling better now that they've apologized. "Okay, move on now.  I've apologized, we're cool right?"

I can't judge when the pain will leave.  The words are not a magic pill.  It takes time to get over being hurt.

And every time I get hurt, it seems it takes longer to get over. 

No comments: