Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

What Happy Does

I am going through mixed emotions.  My Mom is not doing well and has been in and out of the hospital for 6 weeks now.  At the same time, I have been seeing a new guy.  I feel for him, because right now he is having to deal with an emotional woman who has a lot going on in her life.

But, yesterday I had a "good" day.  After I saw Mom in the hospital, I went to see a movie, and then ran errands, and accomplished some tasks. 

I noticed as I went on about my day that I was happier than normal.  When I am really happy, I talk more to strangers, I am not as "elusive," and I talk back to people talking to me instead of trying to not engage in convo.

I've always been told I have a great personality, I just don't always show it to its full extent sometimes.  I hide it, I guess.  And don't let it shine when I am down or busy or tired or to people I don't know.

I gotta be careful, though.  Like yesterday, my extra smiles, extra talk, and showing my personality can indicate that I *might* be interested in these guys talking to me and that is not my intention.  I'm just so dang happy right now with this new guy and how he is treating me, it kinda glows right through me and comes out through my personality.

No comments: