Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Popcorn Hospital

Mom is in the hospital. After calling 911, 8 hours of ER, 4 days in ICU, breathing issues and heart tests/results (leaky valve, blockage and afibulation), she was moved out of ICU. You'd think that'd be cause for happiness, but the small room she was moved too turned out to be a growing place of new issues. Blood thinners, blood transfusion, low blood pressure, black stools, a scheduled colonoscopy tomorrow - all within 5 additional days.

Ten days later, I'm scared as hell. What will the 40 minute procedure show? Will she stop having internal bleeding and can come home? I am not doing well - not being strong for her. I am disappointed in myself. :(

She and I will get through this, together, though.

In the mean time, check out these lovely hospital photos:

Before you can get into ICU....


And here is the sink "behind you."


The hospital volunteers make popcorn almost every afternoon (and becomes my staple of choice).


The hospital staff said I can't take pics in the hospital, so don't share this photo with anyone (they got mad at me for taking the photo), but look at all those IVs! Poor Mom. :(

No comments: