Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Bone Marrow

I just signed up to register to be a participant to donate a swab for possible bone marrow donation.

I went to this http://www.dkmsamericas.org/ and filled out the form.

Their return email said:

Thank you for taking the first step toward saving someone's life.

We want you to know that your willingness to become a bone marrow donor will give hope to patients around the world in need of a transplant.
Soon, you will receive a donor kit packet in the mail, which contains a copy of your registration form, which needs to be verified and signed by you , a packet of buccal (cheek) swabs and a set of instructions. Once we receive your signed registration form back we will process your registration.
If you have any questions, please contact DKMS at 1.866.340.DKMS (3567) or by e-mail at info@dkmsamericas.org
Thank you again for your support in our mission to save lives.

I can't wait to get the swab and send it back. It'd be awesome if I was a match to someone!!

1 comment:

R Riley said...

Let me know how that goes.. I have heard that the actual donor process is pretty painful...