Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

One Year Sad Anniversary

One year ago today, Sept 14th, my Dad passed away. We found him in his room, my Mom and I. Our lives were immediately turned upside down and we honestly haven't been the same since.
I love my Dad and I miss him oh so much. I talk to him often and can tear up easily when I think of him.

On Friday, I considered it the anniversary because he passed away this weekend on that Friday early morning, but today - Sept 14 - is the date of his passing.

I stayed home today and am working around the house. I didn't go see a movie, run an errand or practice. I stayed home. I don't know if my Mom noticed, but I am glad I stayed home today. I put his hospital bed in one of the upstairs bedrooms of my Mom and I's new house, along with some of his other things. I call it "Dad's room" when I need to tell my Mom where I put the Christmas paper or the extra cords.

I have my suitcases in there and every time I go off somewhere, that's where I pack all my things - around his spirit. He always wanted me to be safe.

I wonder why none of his relatives have emailed me today. Wonder how my Mom is handling today as I go about my business moving some things around and working on the internet and taking a nap. It's actually very beautiful outside - the sunny sky left over from the remnants of Ike.

My Dad wouldn't have been outside, but he would be following all the juicy talk about the candidates!! He would love to talk about what is going on! He would be on the internet or playing with his loving dog or watching tv. I would be going to see them next weekend in San Antonio.

I don't think of what ifs, I'm not that type of person. All I know is my Dad helped me become who I am today. I am grateful. Although sad and shocked of his passing, I know everything happens for a reason and his death will make me a stronger woman - a strong woman is someone he wanted me to be.

I hope you are proud of me, Dad. I wonder that a lot. I really do love you and miss you.

Love,
Melinda
aka Smallperson Bailey the 1st

No comments: