Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

5 Regrets Of The Dying


I found yet another article I wanted to share.  This one more profound than most of the others I have shared on my blog.

5 Regrets Of The Dying:   http://www.lifebuzz.com/5-regrets/

Here is a short recap, which I like to do just in case in years to come the link fails:
  
  1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. (This was the most common regret of all. When people realize that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled.)
  2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard (missed out on their children's youth or partner's companionship).
  3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
  4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. (Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying.”)
  5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.  (Many did not realize until the end that happiness is a choice.)
For me, Number 5 hits home with me most.

No comments: