Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

The Promise

Words can't even begin to describe how amazing and awe-inspiring The Promise is! 

This was on my bucket list, and it did not disappoint!

What is The Promise?

Let me share what they state on their website:

The Promise is a one-of-a-kind musical production performed annually at the Texas Amphitheater in Glen Rose, Texas. It combines a 150-person cast and crew, live animals, historically accurate costumes, and breathtaking lights, sound and special effects, all of which tell the story of the life of Jesus Christ in modern family-friendly fashion. Patrons have called it a “life-changing experience,” “an outstanding performance” and a “very inspirational” presentation for modern family audiences.
Since its start in 1989, The Promise remains the largest permanent outdoor amphitheater in the State of Texas. It seats more than 3,200 patrons and is the only outdoor venue with a 45,000-gallon moat and rain curtain. Seen from miles around, the Texas Amphitheater features 40 foot high walls and arches that tower above a 4,000 sq. ft. tri-level stage.

I was impressed, my soul was deeply touched, it was very moving, and it will stay with me FOREVER. 150-person cast, live animals, historical costumes and amazing talent. I highly recommend it!! Added bonus was my friend Tina joined me for this amazing memory-maker.  I am truly blessed!  

We sat just a few rows from the stage. We didn't even care the temperature dropped into the 40s as the night progressed - we were too enchanted and enthralled!

Here are some photos of the magical and amazing night.  Click on any image to enlarge.









No comments: