Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Grandma Cookie Jar

My Grandma Bailey always made homemade cookies.  Her sugar cookies were my favorite and she knew it.

She would always make me loads of them during the family holidays.

Grandma Bailey's philosophy was:  She said I could eat some before dinner, "as long as I didn't ruin my appetite for dinner."

Heck as a teenager, I could eat a hundred, never get full, and also be hungry come dinner time!

Don't threaten me with a good time.

So it meant a lot when I got this Grandma cookie jar after her passing:



Reminds me of her and her undying love for me.  Even tho I wasn't a blood grand daughter, she always treated me as such.

My first funeral was hers.   And I could not stop crying enough to speak, when they asked if anyone had thoughts or memories to share.  I so wish I could go back and say something now in that church in Santa Rosa, Texas that day.

I love you Grandma Bailey!

No comments: