Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Take Care of Yourself to be ble to Take Care of others

"You cannot be useful to yourself, others, or God if you run yourself ragged. In order to serve others, support others, give to others, you must first be able to serve, support, and give to yourself."

 I learned this through a friend of mine.  When my Mom first got sick, I was at my wits end.  And I wasn't doing very well.

One of my dear friends, Sharon, offered some advice.   She saw I wasn't healthy because I was so worried and taking care of my parents.

She said, "In order to take care of your Mom, you must take care of yourself.  Go walking.  Do anything.  Just do something for YOU.  You wont be able to take care of her if you are just running yourself ragged."

One of the best pieces of advice I've received being a caretaker.  Or even just wanting to help others in need. 


No comments: