Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

King Kong

My Dad told me I would like King Kong. He kept telling me to watch it. I finally did watch it - after he passed away almost three years ago, I watched his DVD of it on New Year's Eve in his room. He was right - the special effects in that movie are AMAZING! The sound effects were awesome as well!! (I'm starting to see a theme here - good visual special effects accompanied by awesome sounds/noises really entice my liking of a movie).

If you haven't seen the movie, I recommend it. I realize it came out a few years ago, but a friend of mine told me last night he had never seen it (even though it was playing on cable, too). I was shocked!
The river scene with that big fish monster! The T Rex's against King Kong is truly spectacular! I don't like the insect scene, but the special effects of the animals is truly something to witness.
I was very impressed, also, with Naomi Watts. She should be in more movies - btw she was perfect in this movie! Also, Jack Black is funny in this movie and Adrian Brody was awesome in his role!
I will fully admit, though, I have yet to see the ending of King Kong. It was on again this weekend and before the ending I turned the channel. I know KK dies. I know it will make me cry. I know.... I'm weird.

No comments: