Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Documentary About Abuse

Not just any abuse, brutal, unfathomable abuse.  :(  I watched the HBO documentary "Every F---ing Day of My Life" over two months ago and it's still with me.

Here is the synopsis from HBO: (click on the image to enlarge)


The documentary shows no abuse - there is no footage of the abuse.  You only hear from the Mom and sons how the father abused them.  Yet, it's still so riveting; heartbreaking; despicable; tough to hear; brutal.  It makes me sad and depressed to think just how awful they had it for all those years.

Here is someone else's comments from another blog, that explains my thoughts and feelings better than I ever could:

"I recently viewed the documentary Every F---ing Day of My Life and I was beyond appalled. What Wendy and those four beautiful boys had to endure at the hands of that sick, psychotic twist. Quite frankly, I'm surprised she and the children lasted as long as they did without their lives ending at the hands of Aaron. Wendy, if you read this know that your years have not been spent in vain, because despite the horrendous abuse you and your children were subjected to, you did something right---it's clear that you adore your children, they adore you and they adore one another. How you were able to sustain to keep such a powerful love alive is amazing to me. God bless you and your beautiful boys."

1 comment:

R Riley said...

I loved this documentary because it portrayed abuse in a way that most people never get to see it... thankfully...